Friday, April 2, 2010

Coconut Chocolate Bark


I'm not eating sugar. And it's not because I don't like it....
It's cause I like it toooooo much!!!
I'm not eating any starch or sugar right now for that matter.


I'm finding satisfaction from Stevia Instead...even if it isn't anything like sugar.
Here's a recipe I can whip up in 10 minutes, eat w/out feeling guilt and not have a sugar crash on.
YUM!
Coconut Chocolate Bark: (my tweaked recipe)
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon salted butter
1 tablespoon cocoa
10 to 20 drops stevia (start small and add to taste.)
1/4 tsp. almond extract (or vanilla or mint or....)
1/4 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 c. chopped pecans
melt oils, stir in cocoa, stevia and extract.
pour into baking cups
sprinkle nuts and coconut into each cup.
place in freezer until hardened

ENJOY!
note: these are made w/ stevia, not sugar so don't expect a miracle, 
but boy do they satisfy me when i want a treat....
and what a treat they are!!!!!!
(for those of you  not eating starch or sugar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment