Friday, April 9, 2010

oral health

Tonight I am researching about dental health. my children have HORRIBLE teeth despite a diet that is mainly whole foods. I don't like the mentality of traditional dentistry to drill out the bad and fill it up alone. I want to know WHY their teeth are not healthy...not meerly put a band-aid on them. I want to fix their teeth. This is a comment I read in Dr. Mercola's article:Tooth Regeneration that I want to remember.


The first sites that come to mind are for the two groups formed to continue the work of Weston A. Price.
The Price-Pottenger Foundation's site has a blue & white theme,
though I haven't found the x-ray photos you describe. (I've seen them in Price's book, Nutrition & Physical Degeneration, though!)
Here's a letter Price wrote to his family hoping to help them avoid dental decay and maintain health:
www.ppnf.org/.../PriceLetter.htm
And here's the site for the Weston A. Price Foundation,
which I find easier to use, but has a red & white scheme:
http://www.westonaprice.org/
From what I've read, the first steps in healing cavities should be adding High Vitamin Cod Liver Oil and Butter Oil to the diet.
After that, it's a long list:
-fermented foods (that have not been heated & canned- healthy sauerkraut is crunchy, not limp and stringy like the junk at the supermarket)
-raw dairy and meat from animals who lived on fresh green grass
-eggs from outdoor, healthy chickens
Also, of course, is the Removal from your diet:
Sugar, refined flours, and everything made from these.
Traditional food preparation often included sprouting grains before use.
Here's an article on Cod Liver Oil:
http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnutrition/codliveroil.html
See also, Sally Fallon's book, Nourishing Traditions. It's a mix of articles on the subject with lots of recipes.
Though I like Sandor Felix Katz' book, Wild Fermentation, much better when it comes to making fermented foods. Sauerkraut is amazingly easy to make. We also make a lot of raw yogurt. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment